I’m slowly making progress. This picture is from last week when I had all of the squares done. I doubt I will be done by the end of this month, but it is much farther along, and I have a clear intention for finishing it. I picked up some lavender, black and red flannel. I didn’t really like the lavender when I got it home so I dyed it a lovely blue. The thing I discovered is that flannel sucks up dye like nobody’s business. I did a low water immersion process and when I put it in it turned immediately very dark. I pulled it out quickly and squeezed out a good portion of the dye. I put it in a plastic bag over night instead of doing the regular hour. It turned out the perfect color. The only thing I am struggling with (as usual) is getting things straight. The corduroy is shifting and stretching as I sew. I straightened the columns as I went but nothing is matching up well. I have to finish the blue and then add three more borders, black, red, black.
Due to the heaviness of all that corduroy, I am planning on putting polar fleece on the back. Then I can do minimal quilting, just around the shadow shapes. I need to go to the fabric store this weekend to get the polar fleece, some more flannel, and tying yarn.