I had a great night sewing! I finished my book on cd so I will have to order another from the library. I worked on three ufos and made a little progress on all of them.
First, I worked on the red and green corduroy quilt. I put the black frame on. I was about to put the red frame on when Steve interrupted. He felt like the red frame would be too intense. I had planned to put a narrow red frame and then second wider black frame. He felt like a gold frame would be better. He had the idea for the blue which I have to admit really makes the quilt sing. So today I am off to the fabric store. I plan to get the back fabric, also, so if I have time to put the quilt together this week I can.
Next I worked on the Valentine’s quilt. I attached what I believe is the last frame. I was attempting to make this quilt a twin size quilt but, as all my quilts, it ends up being the size it is. It ended up being more square than I intended but I like the proportions so I probably won’t change it.
Lastly, I worked on my second tiny angel quilt. I had bought some metallic iridescent variegated thread at the fabric store. I double threaded my machine with it and a plain purple polyester thread. I did some machine quilting with that double thread. It worked ok, but the effect is not really that striking. I will try it alone at some point and hopefully get a more intense result. At this point, it hardly looks like anything but I will post the image anyway.
I had a great time sewing! I usually do a little bit of sewing on Friday night anyway, but it was more fun to be the part of a group. Thank you Handmade by Heidi for the idea and thanks to Deanna where I heard about it.