So, I pulled out the first chicken quilt, February’s ufo. I decided to paint the quilt before I progress. I used diluted acrylic paint. I am nervous that it will be difficult to stitch due to stiffness. Although I have painted my quilts before it’s been a while. I was reminded how nice it could look by The Smallest Forest.
Anyway, here is my template for the chicken.
I have used this template on this tiny chicken quilt aka potholder and the country fried chicken quilt. In fact, this is the back of a semi-finished chicken that I xeroxed. I lay fabric on the front side then sew around it from the back. Then I trim away extra fabric. I achieve a very accurate copy out of fabric. I will pull off the paper before I applique it.