ducky quilt update

So, Saturday I decided to work on the ducky quilt.  I haven’t worked on it really since it was the ufo for the month.  I wanted to begin on the background.

I began by sorting through my ender leaders, then went on to pulling fabric out of my scraps. I had the idea of creating a backdrop that is green and blue like plants and the sky.I found a significant number of swatches that worked but weren’t exactly the kind of bright background I wanted.

So I broke open the dye and as you see in the first image at the top of this post, did a little low water immersion.

The results were really close to my intention.  The middle one was originally white.  It must have a significant amount to polyester in it because it just doesn’t pick up the dye like I would like.  The others I really like but there was not nearly enough.  So finally, I had to break down and go to the fabric store.

I’m so excited to start piecing this!

Advertisements

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://aprilsewingjournal.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/ducky-quilt-update/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: