I started piecing these blocks back together and I love them! I even used a new technique that I had never tried before that created those think lines of orange. That orange is actually the back fabric. I sewed the blocks together back side together. Then I had the seam allowances on the front. I pressed, then basted them open. Then I added thin strips just to cover the raw edges, I left a thin line of the seam allowance showing. I am really excited to finish this center part today, then I get to start working on the outer frames. I realized yesterday that I didn’t have to keep the back the back or the front the front on the frames, so I can’t wait to start playing.
It’s so fun to have a quilt I was so ambivalent about become so exciting!