technical difficulties, September ufo

So, this is the second time I am publishing this due to the word press glitch.  Hopefully, that is my third and final technical difficulty.

Anyway, yesterday started with me dumping my smoothie all over myself.  I decided not to let it get to me.  Then, I was humming along making much progress, when I broke a needle.  When I replaced it, the machine made this clunking sound.  So, today, I plan to give my machine some tlc plus perhaps another new needle.  In any case, it is unlikely that I will get the ufo done today.

In any case, I am pleased with my progress.  I have a clear idea of how to finish this quilt now, and I am happy with it.  Because of this quilt, I have an interesting new technique.  As soon as I clear my quilt queue, I plan to start a quilt with this technique.  It solves my problem of wanting to work small, but also wanting full size quilts.

Advertisements

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://aprilsewingjournal.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/technical-difficulties-september-ufo/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

2 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. What a day! How is your machine? Check for scraps of thread on/in the bobbin shuttle. That sometimes happens when a needle is broken.

    • It was the new needle, it was not good. Sometimes that happens…but now my sewing machine is spotless. I don’t give a clean and oil nearly as often as I should. Good to hear from you!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: