I needed to put together a quick block so I reverted to a block I made for the Valentine’s Quilt.
First, I put together a patchwork section that is bigger than my heart template. Then I sewed around the template.
Here’s the back.
Then, I cut away the top, revealing the patchwork.
Then, I satin stitched around the edge. I forgot, but if you make one, do your straight stitch basting really tight and then pull away your paper at that juncture. As you can see, I have some paper tweezing to do. In any case, done is done.
And just because it makes me so happy:
Yes, a tiny bit of Brooks family made spring. These are Eliott’s tiny tomatoes and watermelons. I am so excited for spring!