We as a family are in a waiting time. Both boys are starting new schools this fall and the energy is one of excitement mixed with nervousness. I am working very hard on the blog book which cuts into my sewing time. It seems I have a limited amount of creativity.
Yesterday I did some real thinking. I realized that I was tired of making the little strip squares. I suddenly wondered how many I had made. I have made nearly 150. I decided that was enough.
Then I laid out a sample.
Wow! For once my picture is better than the actuality. I can’t manage to keep them sorted in any meaningful way beside basic color in this size. I decided to sew them in groups of four, then lay them out to see what I have.
Several months ago I determined that this quilt was unmendable in its current form. However, there are several sections that I really like:
There are two quilts here: the parts I Iike and the parts that have emotional resonance with my husband, mainly the t-shirts. The third part is too worn to be salvaged. So I cut it up:
More to come