I finished another Alabama Stitch Project top. This is the fitted top from Alabama Studio Sewing + Design. This garment, as with all the other ones I have made, fits perfectly. I will say that if you have little belly like me, this garment does not hide the belly at all. I am doing some sit ups.

big

 

 

I made this little decorative pattern down the front. I initially had red cross stitches down the front. Somehow they weren’t right so I ripped them out. I wanted two things, first to make it a little fancy, and also to add to the strength of the seam.  I added a running stitch in gray holding down the seam allowance on each side. I tried to make the stitches parallel to each other. Then I added a flat bead in the center and made an x, with each edge of the x touching one of the running stitch.  It is very pretty and still sturdy.

 

I am making a matching bolero and fingerless gloves which I will decorate with the same pattern.

 

2 thoughts on “new Alabama stitch project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s