The bolero is done. It took a lot of time but I am very happy with the way it turned out.
The sleeves are really over the top! They are a cross between Carmen Miranda and Dr. Seuss.
What I learned about with this one:
I used different colors for the lining on the sleeves. Since they were going to be completely covered, it didn’t seem important. However, the bottom edge does show slightly. Next time I will be more intentional about the lining.
The double layer of t-shirt is surprisingly warm.
The pattern for the sleeves is very large. It is difficult to get two sleeves out a t-shirt unless it is an extra large. For this reason, I trimmed a small amount of the ease off. This didn’t affect the fit at all for me.