This fabric has been with me for a long time. This is a group of Steve’s Hawaiian shirts. He hardly ever wears this type of thing, but because he was born in Hawaii, he has an attachment to Hawaiian things. Initially, I sewed cut them up and sewed them together randomly. This was not successful. Then I made a muslin dress base. I cut them up more randomly and sewed them on to that base. This was also not successful.

The dress hung on my design wall for some time. Then, I machine quilted across the large sections in one inch parallel lines. Other parts I sewed together and then ironed to fusible interface. Then, I cut them up into 9 inch squares. Here is the results:

DSC05008

I have many ideas how to put these together including putting them on point. I haven’t done this before so there will be some math required. I very pleased with the outcome. Even though we really don’t have any use for another quilt, Steve has called it for himself. He has a pretty valid claim since they were his shirts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s