I found this 2010 UFO Challenge by Patchwork Times. I love the idea of tying up loose strings, but I have a lot of anxiety. Will I finish all these projects? Will I finish any of these projects? Some of these projects are not quilts, so I hope that Patchwork Times doesn’t mind my stretching their idea a little bit.
I will give it a shot. What is a ufo? An unfinished object. I have several. Some I have been working on for years and I don’t know if I can finish in 2011. I don’t know whether to list them or not. Some I already plan to finish. But here goes…
1. Hawaiian quilt– This quilt I have been working on FOREVER. I am very frustrated with it. On the other hand it is potentially nearly done because it has the binding nearly on. I still feel like it needs to be quilted more.
2. Blue Knitted scarf Again, I have been working on this forever. I think I can declare it finished as soon as it reaches around my neck.
3. Valentine quilt This is kind of a cheat. I was planning to finish this anyway, with a tentative finish date in April.
4. Dark angel quilt I just began this last week, so although unfinished, it isn’t something I have just been leaving alone.
5. Graduation scrap-book Yes, my boy needs a scrapbook at his graduation party. I have started it but it has a long way to go.
6. Green, black and red, corduroy quilt This I have had half done for DOUBLE forever. I began this quilt in 1997. This a true ufo.
Update 2/2/11: Completed!
7. Cardinal cross stitch I have worked on this for two years, but it substantially done.
8. green t-shirt I just cut this at Christmas time.
9. denim dress remake I have barely started this. I just cut off the collar. I have a very vague idea of what to do with it.
10. silk quilt These next three I am very nervous about putting on. I have worked on them for a long time and they are hand sewing. I am nervous I won’t finish them.
11. g cross stitch This is a top-secret project that I have worked on for six years. It is a gift so I don’t dare give more information. Hopefully, the person will someday receive it.
12. grandmother’s flowers quilt Again I have worked on this project on and off for four years. Maybe longer.
I will see how it goes.