Well, I found out I was secret Santa at my work to someone who cooks. So I had to make him some tiny quilts. Tiny quilts that can also be used as potholders. Even though the stars are Christmasy, I used colors that were definitely not Christmasy so they can be used year round.
I struggled a little bit with binding. This is the third time this week that I did machine applied binding. Usually for my quilts I attach it by machine and then turn it and hand sew it on the other side, not going through all layers. But these potholders I wanted to be washable and sturdy so I machine binded them.
You can see where I missed a little bit on the bottom corner and on the front there are a couple of little flubs. My other project (you’ll see it soon) came out a little more perfect I think because the contrast between the binding and the backing fabric and therefore, the bobbing thread was less. Oh well, if I could make them perfectly, I probably would have to move on to something more challenging.